Thursday, September 22, 2005

Looks like Louisiana may be in for it again

Everything I've seen shows Rita heading more toward the northeast. There are reports that it's already raining some in New Orleans. The parish where my birth mom lives is under voluntary evacuation - and of course I can't get her on the phone, "all circuits are busy." AARGH. It doesn't matter where this puppy hits, K and I have friends and family all down in that area. I'm not getting anything accomplished at work today, I'm too busy keeping an eye on the hurricane.

On a different note - K and I probably have the most unusual relationship ever for people whose marriage is breaking up. He had a gift certificate for a massage that expires in October of this year. He said the stress of taking time to schedule an appointment and go was more than he wanted to mess with right now, so he gave it to me! :) I think that's cool. I'm going on Oct. 1 for a one-hour massage. And I also have the gift certificate J gave me for Mother's Day that will let me go get another massage. Yay!!!

My head hurts. This job makes my stomach hurt. Can I just win the lotto?

No comments: