Thursday, May 25, 2006

A big whole lotta "who the hell knows"

That's what I got from my doctor visit this morning. She said it doesn't look like my usual sinus infection, not unless it's just the early stages of one. But I got a prescription for antibiotics just in case it is and I get to feeling worse. She gave me samples of a new allergy med just in case that's all that needs doing, is tweaking my meds a bit (if that's the case, I'll be pissed - I take Allegra now, and it comes in a generic form, where no other allergy meds do, and I'd miss the $10 co-pay). And they drew blood to test for mono, but since they're closed Friday and Monday, I won't know anything until sometime next week (until then, I'll just walk around infecting all and sundry if that is what I have). Yeah, there's $15 well-spent.

I got some bad news this morning. My friend Adam called to tell me that my friend Glenda passed away last night. We worked together at my previous job. She died of a heart attack, they think. I know she had a heart condition, but still - this is unexpected, to say the least. She was only 50. I'd been meaning to call, thinking for the last week or so that it had been a while since we'd talked, and now I've missed that chance. It's hard to wrap your brain around the fact that someone you know and talk to and have shared memories with just *isn't here* anymore. I don't think it's sunk in yet. Adam said he'd call me when he knows the details about services and what have you. I'm going to the funeral, and if it's on a work day, work can kiss my big fat ass.

As far as me, I don't feel quite so wretched today as I did yesterday. I'm still tired, though, and it seems to be more than the usual "I-didn't-get-enough-sleep" kind of tired. I could easily have laid down on the exam table at the doctor's office and nodded right off. That's not normal.

And look! I have new hair!



It's quite a change, but I like it. I'm still getting used to the fact that nothing flips around back there when I move my head, but it's sure a lot easier to take care of.

Now, it's nap time. That is, after all, what sick days are for.

No comments: