Monday, October 17, 2005

Ups and downs

It's been a day of good and not so good. Work seems to be much improved. It looks like the reallocation of responsibilities between me and my partner could turn out to be a really good thing. I was busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kickin' contest today, but I was doing things I didn't hate, according to my own timetable. What I didn't like about how we'd previously done things was the fact that very seldom did a day come along where you could actually do things you'd planned to do. There was always some emergency cropping up that had to be dealt with RIGHT AWAY. Today I didn't feel that stress. I'm curious to see how long the experiment continues, and whether the two of us get bonuses come spring.

The evening has been a challenge. J has been grumpy, grumpy, grumpy - no less than three meltdowns between bath and finally falling asleep around 10:15. I think he's getting sick - probably a sinus infection, as he's got gobs of green goo coming from his nose - and that's probably a big part of the horrible attitude. I ended up rocking him to sleep, and I fell asleep in the chair with him. I just hope he isn't so restless that he's up and down tonight. I'm thinking it's time to go see the pediatrician tomorrow morning.

And since I'm planning to do that, I'd better go to bed - I don't want to sleep through my alarm if I want to be at the doctor's office by 7:30. More later!

No comments: