Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #9


Thirteen Reasons I Wish The Rain Would Stop


1. Rain makes for a sucky commute to and from work.
2. Can't take the boy outside to play when it's raining and/or the yard is just soaked from all the rain.
3. When the boy can't go outside to play, he gets just a little stir crazy.
4. Rain makes the grass grow - and the weeds, which means the yard guy has to come more often.
5. Rain gives mosquitoes lots and lots of breeding ground. You just can't get rid of *all* the puddles.
6. My garage door remote doesn't work, and I'm getting really tired of getting soaked making a mad dash from car to house or vice versa.
7. Too many cloudy/rainy days in a row bum me out.
8. Rain during the work day makes me not want to go across the street to get a coffee from Starbucks. (Hey, wait, maybe that's a good thing. At least then I'm saving money.)
9. Getting in and out of the car with an umbrella is a pain.
10. Sharing the umbrella with a 4-year-old who's a foot shorter than me and who insists on holding the umbrella himself (about two inches above the top of his head) is a bigger pain - I might as well go without one.
11. Thunder and lightning keeps the boy awake at night.
12. When it rains, you can't help but track mud into places mud ought not to go.

And 13 - well, it's really a good thing, not a bad one, so maybe the rain isn't so bad after all....

13. With all this rain, it's not nearly as hot as your usual Texas summer.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Nancy
2. Chris
3. mamalee
4. qtpies7



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

It's the time to buy your little one his own umbrella. My boys cherish theirs. Which cracks me up, cause I loved mine as a kid, too.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I laughed at the mental image of a four year old holding the umbrella. Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

So funny - my 5 year old likes to hold the umbrella, too!

Happy TT!

Qtpies7 said...

I've long past given up on the umbrella thing. They break and lose theirs, they can get wet! LOL Of course, not, its always me getting wet.
The mosquitoes are by far the worst part of the list.