Friday, March 17, 2006

Three strikes, you're out

I haven't posted much because I haven't felt likt I've had a whole lot to post about. Now that I think about it, I do have some things to talk about, but not at the moment. Maybe this weekend I can take time to really write.

I got a call from the recruiter today - she left a voicemail on my cell phone letting me know I was out of the running for the job I interviewed for on Feb. 28. It was a really peculiar message - first she said they were still interviewing a couple of people, then she said the hiring managers were meeting to make a decision and they'd narrowed it down to candidates other than me, so I was no longer being considered, but then she said they still had a couple of other people to interview. What the hell?! So which is it, they've narrowed down their possible candidates or they're still interviewing? It seems like the two would be mutually exclusive.

I'm not really sad, though, only disappointed because that seemed like the most immediate way for me to get out of here. But this is the third time I've interviewed there, and the third time I haven't been hired. Three strikes, they're out - I'm just not going to interview there anymore, I'll look elsewhere. I keep telling myself that things happen for a reason. I may not know what it is, but there's some really good reason that I don't belong there right now (or maybe ever). So, whenever things seem rotten here, I'll try to remind myself that I could have ended up jumping out of the frying pan into an inferno for all I know. There *is* something out there that's right for me and good for me and that pays me enough to support me and J and to put a little aside, too. I just have to keep looking.

So, back to square one....

No comments: