Most of these are sensible, practical household things, but not all of them.
1. Have the nasty carpet taken out and replace it with hardwood or laminate flooring.
2. Build a nice deck/patio area in the back yard.
3. Get a storage shed/workshop put up (probably one of the ones you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot, but big enough to have room for yard equipment and for him to do some woodworking).
4. Take a family vacation to Disney World!
5. Have a radiant heat barrier installed in the attic to help cut down on electric bills.
6. Redo the landscaping in the yard. What I have now is less than spectacular.
7. Fix all the little plumbing annoyances around the house (nothing that rises to the level of needing a repair right now, just stuff that's annoying).
8. Save more for retirement.
9. Set up an education fund for J.
10. Pay off debt faster.
11. Take a trip to England/Ireland/Scotland/Wales.
12. Get new window treatments throughout the house.
13. Corian countertops and sink for the kitchen.
I'm sure there's more, but this list will take us a good little while to work through, so it's a good start!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. sassy lucy
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants