Friday, April 08, 2005

Car repairs and other miscellanea

I took my car to the shop yesterday - thought I needed new brakes, and I had a couple of other things I wanted to get taken care of if the cost wasn't outrageous. It turned out that my brakes are OK (I have a lot more brake pad left than I thought, that's for sure!), but at some point fairly soon I'll need new hub bearings on both sides of the car, to the tune of $480 a side. Apparently my wheels are designed in such a way that the bearings can't just be repacked - instead the whole hub has to be replaced. UGH. So I guess I'll start saving my pennies for that. I ended up getting my driver's side window fixed (it rolls down now - not essential, but it will certainly be a nice convenience to have it back), the regularly recommended 90,000-mile maintenance, a new license plate light (mine has been broken since I got the car) and a serious car cleaning. My car was so clean when I picked it up, I almost didn't recognize it! And when J saw it, he pointed to the wheels and said, "mama, those wheels not dirty anymore." I think he was amazed that they'd changed from dirt-colored to silver. LOL Nice to know things are in pretty good working order - the car is paid for now, and I'd like to drive it until the wheels fall off.

This can't be good, and it's certainly out of character. I don't care about food much these days. I know I need to eat, but I don't care what I have. I'd be just as happy with a mocha latte from Starbucks for lunch as I would with actual food, most days. It's like I just can't muster up the energy to bother fixing something, so I usually end up eating junk. Not good at all!

I've got a phone call to make that I'm not looking forward to. I guess I should make it and just get it over with. Maybe it won't be as bad as I'm thinking it will be....

No comments: