Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Forty-three days and counting.

Well, one more appointment down as of yesterday afternoon. I'm feeling fat and rather uncomfortable, but my blood pressure is hangin' in there and doing OK. Rhys' heartbeat was about 144 BPM, so apparently he's doing all right, too. My next appointment is March 17, and after that, I expect I'll be moving to seeing my doc once every week.

And don't get me wrong, I'm glad my blood pressure is staying steady and glad both Rhys and I are healthy - I'm very, very thankful for those things. But today, I would have paid money to stay home. I hit snooze twice before I ever heard my alarm, and I was draggin'-butt tired. I hurt, and Rhys was squirmy as all get out this morning, which was slightly uncomfortable and made it hard to concentrate on work. The afternoon just got worse, too. My hips were hurting, I was having one of my random itchy spells (no rash or anything, so it's not anything that can be actually treated, I just use lots of moisturizer and wait for it to pass), hungry but unable to decide what might actually taste good if I were to eat it, and I just wanted to go home. I wanted to not be at work. I wanted to not be answering the phone and responding to e-mails and trying to make my brain work in a logical and coherent fashion. Blech. And I warned Brian that it's going to get worse before it gets better. LOL

Forty-three days to go....

2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh, the itchies! I had forgotten about that. Blech. Hang in there - it won't be too much longer.

Mindy said...

I've had some bouts of the itchies. Straight cocoa butter works great. I can totally idenitfy with how you feel, at then end of my last pregnancy I was thrilled when my doc said no more work.