Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pumpkin Bread/Pumpkin Muffins

This is a recipe I got from my friend Annmarie. I made pumpkin bread for Christmas, and it was so good, I'm making pumpkin muffins now just because I want to.

15 oz. can pumpkin
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup applesauce
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
splash of vanilla
1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger

In large bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, applesauce, oil, sugar until well blended.

In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, etc.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (7 x 3) loaf pans

Stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.

Bake for about an hour or until toothpick tested.

Per Annmarie, muffins take about 30-40 minutes to bake.

No comments: