Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Not this time

I found out yesterday that I didn't get the position I interviewed for. Yesterday I was pretty bummed. Today I'm still bummed, but I know there's a reason for everything. I did get some really good feedback about things I can do to improve my chances the next time a position opens up, and it sounds like that may happen in the not-too-distant future, so that's good. I just keep reminding myself of one of my favorite verses:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


So this job at this time isn't how God plans to prosper me. Sure, it seemed like it would have been a huge answer to prayer, but if it's not the right job right now, well, I reckon I can live with that.

I'm home with Rhys today. He's had the flu this week, but is thankfully on the mend. I hear him stirring in his crib now - guess I'd better go get him!

No comments: