Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A quick update

I felt like the interview went pretty well. I didn't come out of there thinking, "Kick ass, that job is MINE!", but then, I never do. The woman I interviewed with held the position for nine years before she got promoted, and she seeemed impressed with a lot of my answers and questions. No definite time frame for an answer, but she assured me that everyone would be called either way (no being left hanging for months wondering, "gee, did I get that job or not?"), and that she's hoping for a sooner decision rather than later, as she's doing her old job and new job both at the moment. No word yet, and I'm trying hard not to just lose my mind fidgeting about it. I sure hope it's good news, though - I really, really, really, really want this job. It would be such a Lisa job.

Funny, when I left prosecution, I never thought I'd *want* to go back to criminal law.

My manager is now gone, and I feel like I've lost my best (possibly my only?) advocate at work. I'm trying my hardest to be a good little girl and play nice, but I don't know if it's making a difference or not. Come on, Court of Appeals, call me with some good news.

No comments: