Monday, June 12, 2006

What a weekend, and then came Monday

J had two huge nosebleeds this weekend - the first as we were on our way with K to my birthday lunch. He started just screaming in the back seat, and his nose was pouring blood. I stopped the car, and K and I were both back there trying to stop the bleeding and get J calmed down. It was about to get to the point where I was going to be concerned if it didn't stop when it stopped. Bless his heart, he was a mess, and completely freaked out over the blood. We went back to the house to get him cleaned up and change shirts before we went to lunch. He'd settled down by the time we got to the house, and he looked at the splotches of blood all over his shirt and announced, "I look like a Dalmatian puppy!" LOL The rest of the day passed without any more nosebleeds, but he had another big one yesterday. He hasn't been poking himself in the nose trying to get a booger out, and I've got a humidifier going in his room of an evening, so I don't think it's because the air is too dry. And these were what I'd consider copious nosebleeds. He's had them before, but never like this. I'm about ready to call his pediatrician and see if I should be concerned.

Then he got himself shut in the bathroom and couldn't get out - once on Saturday morning and again yesterday after we'd had the conversation about not shutting the door when he went. Saturday morning I heard the sound of something shutting and then J screaming. Logically I knew he hadn't left the house, because the security system was still armed and he'd have set it off had he opened an outside door. But when I called him, he didn't answer, and I was freaking out. Finally I found him, in my bathroom - the toilet has a little room to itself, and when he went, he shut the door and couldn't maneuver the doorknob to get it open again. I started crying when I found him, and he looked at me and said, "It's OK, Mama, don't cry!" Sweet boy. Apparently a little slow on the uptake at times, as he did the same thing last night (I didn't freak out, because I figured that was what had happened when he said he was going to the potty and wasn't back in about three minutes), but sweet. :-)

Then this morning I realized K still has my tolltag that my paid parking is linked to - he borrowed it yesterday to take the tollway up to Addison and neither of us remembered that I'd need it this morning. So I have to pay $6 for parking. And I stopped to put gas in my car and got the pump that kept shutting off after pumping about 20 cents worth of gas. AARGH.

And then there's work. We got an unexpected notice of a conference call with a higher-up manager today at 1:30 - got the notice this morning, no advance warning like we usually have for our all hands conference calls. This is a manager two levels above our center manager, so five levels above me. Then I saw the woman who's our technology/scheduling guru walking by crying. I have no idea what's going on, and we're all sort of in a tizz. So I'm consuming chocolate in mass quantities due to stress and wishing I had a margarita. I had to laugh, though - one of my friends said he's practicing his Wal-Mart greeter skills just in case. LOLOL So we'll see what happens. No one seems to know what's going on, but my gut tells me it isn't likely to be anything good.

No comments: