Thursday, December 04, 2008

Apparently there's no big rush

And as luck would have it, my doctor is at a conference all week! As is his nurse! I talked to the nurse filling in for Jennifer and explained to her what was going on. She said there was a bug going around (if this is a bug, it's the strangest one I've ever seen, that only shows up at night), or that perhaps I should check with my lap-band surgeon. I told her that if there's one there at Baylor that Dr. Norwood has worked with, I'd prefer to see him, as my original surgeon is in Arlington, and it's a whole lotta driving from one doc in Arlington to one in Dallas back home to Midlothian. (Gee, I should have planned the logistics better five years ago, huh? LOL ) She said she can talk to my doc on Monday, and that if it gets to hurting too much, just to go see my surgeon. I said I would. I mentioned gall bladder as a possibility and she didn't seem to think much of it (although it does seem like it could fit, but I realize I'm no medical expert). So for now, I wait. Since the problems seem to be happening at night, I'm going to try eating a really light dinner and see if that makes a difference. It seems to me, thinking about it, that if it were a problem with my band, I'd have issues anytime I tried to eat normally, and not just at night. If eating less helps and I can get a good night's sleep, that will help.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for your kind comments on Shore's End today. I enjoyed reading through your last few posts. How far along are you in your pregnancy? We're very early, EDD sometimes in late july, early August.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Melinda, thanks for stopping by! I'm 20 weeks this week, so halfway there - woo hoo! I'm due April 23, but I expect the baby will get here earlier, as the delivery will be a scheduled c-section. Stop by anytime, and I'll do the same!