Friday, December 05, 2008

Halfway there!

I'm at 20 weeks and 2 days today - halfway done with this pregnancy! It seems like just yesterday I got the surprising news that I was, in fact, pregnant. I don't think I'm doing too badly for someone of "advanced maternal age", especially considering I was short and fat to start with, and not exactly the picture of fitness. I get tired more easily, and I think the pain I've been having is my gallbladder giving me fits (not uncommon in pregnancy, I hear, and I'll be making some changes in my diet to try to prevent more nights like the few I've had this week). But hey, if that's all the problems I have to worry about, I'll say thank you and consider it good.

I don't think I ever mentioned this. The day I found out I was pregnant, we were going to take pictures for our church directory. I don't remember what the photographer said, exactly, when he was taking the picture of just Brian and I together, but it was something along the lines of, "Say 'more kids!'" Brian and I just about died laughing at the timeliness of that comment. LOL

So, next week is our "big" ultrasound, when we hopefully find out if this baby is a boy or a girl. Pretty much everyone who's expressed an opinion thinks it's a girl. Julian is convinced he's going to have a baby sister, although he said it would be OK if he ended up with a baby brother, "because God just gives us what He thinks we need." Kevin thinks it's a girl. Brian is leaning toward hoping for a girl, I think (especially since we've settled on a girl name but have big fat nothin' for a boy name). All the grandparents think we're having a girl, although that may be just wishful thinking on their parts. So maybe this time next week, we'll know for sure. I hope so - I'm ready to register for all that stuff you really don't want to pick out until you know who you're shopping for!

3 comments:

Lolly said...

Congrats! I remember the day I found out I was having a boy! We were ecstatic-but would have been happy either way! Hubby already has 2 boys that are 24 and 26 and now we have a 22 month old! I would have been happy with a girl or a boy-just as long as we were all healthy!

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Thanks, y'all! I just hope the baby cooperates. I'll be bothered if we can't find out. LOL

I thought it was funny - my ex asked me if I'd be upset if we're having a boy. Um, no. It honestly matters not to me. Would a girl be fun? Sure. Would I be equally as excited about another boy? Absolutely. That means I'd be seriously outnumbered, but that's OK - mama can handle one husband and two sons any day if that's what God thinks we need. :) Of course, lots of people are thinking girl, so we'll see if they're right!

Mindy said...

I hope youg et to find our whether you are having a boy or a gil! That's my favorite part of being pregnant, because knowing the sex of the baby always makes me feel a little more bonded with him/her. We are hoping for a boy here since we have three girls but it doesn't really matter to me as long as he or she is healthy.

I seem to have cured my morning sickness by crushing some ice and pouring some cola over it and just sipping.