1. Pro: Get out of my current job, which I hate. This tops the list, because anything has got to be better than where I am now.
2. Pro: If I get a job in Waco, Brian and I will then be in the same place. Finally!
3. Pro: More money. I can just about guarantee that a law firm job will pay more than what I'm currently making, which is never a bad thing.
4. Pro: Doing something I like, where people might actually be glad to hear from me and might appreciate the advice I have to offer instead of whining and complaining every.single.time I talk to them.
5. Con: I'd have to sell my house.
6. Con: And pack.
7. Con: And move. UGH. Eleven years of accumulated mess in this house. It makes my stomach hurt to think of it.
8. Con: The logistics of K seeing J would become considerably more complicated.
9. Pro: Baylor football season tickets!
10. Pro/Con: I'd have to commute 90 miles one way until my house sold. But, the potential salary might be enough for me to afford a new (or at least new-to-me) car.
11. Pro: Working somewhere that actually paid my bar dues and CLE, that appreciated my professional credentials and helped me to support them.
12. Pro: Smaller, more collegial work environment. There are eleven lawyers in the firm. How could you not get to know everyone pretty well?
13. Pro: Have I mentioned the salary potential?
Doubtless there are more I could think of, these just top the list. Now, if I'd only get a job offer....
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants