Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Well, crap.

No, nothing bad has happened, I just had a long post written out and then lost it. Harrumph. I don't think I have the energy to recreate it, so here's the nutshell version of what I wrote:

*Work is work.

*Traffic sucks, some days more than others.

*My checking account is overdrawn again, dammit. Isn't a law degree worth more than this without me having to sell my soul to the almighty billable hour?

*J is a hoot and a half, in spite of the occasional flaming meltdown, and I adore him and wish I could videotape everything he says and does, to have it all for future reference. But then I'd miss the real thing, and that would never do.

*Got the appraisal results - long story short, it was a good bit higher than I expected, and there's more money in the house than I can afford to get out. I've asked them to figure payment amounts for a couple of different, higher loan amounts, so a bit more cash may come out, but not more than I can afford to take. I'm trying to *fix* financial woes, not make them worse. Closing should take place by the 25th, so I should have cash in hand by month end. Woo hoo!!!!!!!!! Here's hoping this is a sign of *good* things to come (things which I think are long overdue).

And now, it's night-night time.

No comments: