Monday, October 02, 2006

But it's not all bad

In all my blubbering and crying about the bad parts of the day, I forgot to write about the good parts! Drop-off this morning was FANTASTIC. I was amazed. J was whining when we got to school about wanting to go to the park (they did that last Thursday - I don't think I wrote much about it, will have to do that), and I was explaining that the park wasn't an everyday deal, that it was a special thing. I thought it would be a day like any other, with wailing and gnashing of teeth at drop-off. Nope. We walked into the gym and hadn't gotten two feet in the door when J announced that he was going to give me a hug and a kiss, tell me bye, and run off to play.

And then he did. I was amazed. Not sure what prompted this sudden show of maturity, but it was way better than the screaming drama we usually have at drop-off. OK, there was a tiny part of me that was a little bit sad that he didn't feel the need to cry for mama. But independence is a good thing and to be encouraged, and a happy start to the day is always better than a screaming start to the day.

And then it all went downhill from there. At least work itself isn't bad today - it's just personal crap that's gnawing at me. If I only have to cope with one pile of crap at a time, I can manage. If personal stuff sucks and drop-off sucks and parenting stuff sucks and work stuff sucks all at once, that's when I get really wiggy.

No comments: