Sunday, October 01, 2006

The green-eyed monster

One of my girlfriends starts a new job tomorrow - she found out a couple of weeks ago that she got the job, and tomorrow is her first day. Today she found out that she and her husband are expecting their first child. I'm very happy for her, but a bit envious, too. Not of the pregnancy itself - Lord knows I don't even want to go there, one child keeps me hopping, thanks. And not even of the job itself, although I do desperately want a new job. I'm just envious of all the good news. I'd like to have some good news to share, instead of what feels like my perpetual dose of gloom, despair and agony on me. Count your blessings - sometimes it's easier to count them when you don't feel like you have to sift for them with a fine-tooth comb.

OK, mope over. Back to my regularly scheduled afternoon of running after the tireless boy.

No comments: