Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fun with the monkey boy

I was up late last night - I had to make pie for our Thanksgiving luncheon today. I made ancho chile fudge pie, yummy. I figured it would be easier to let J stay up while I made pies, instead of getting him to bed (late enough) and then trying to get back up and make pies. Well, we were up until after 11, because he caught a second wind and got all wound up and insisted he wasn't sleepy. But once he fell asleep, I don't think he moved all night - he still had the blanket on him this morning, which never happens. But he wasn't tired. LOL

We had to get a birthday present for his friend Hannah yesterday - K is taking J to Hannah's party this weekend. We picked out an Ariel doll for Hannah (she's having a princess party, so I'm thinking she likes the princesses), and J nearly came home with an Ariel doll for himself - that's what he insisted he wanted until he saw the Cars figures and decided they were more fun. K would have choked. At this age, though, I'm not going to sweat it if he wants to play with the occasional girl toy. God knows he's got enough trucks and monster trucks and diggers and tools and boy things. I do think it's hilarious that he looked through the Target toy catalog and told me that his favorite thing was the Barbie Hot Tub Party Bus, though.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I saw that Barbie party hot tub bus the other day and was WTF???? LOL