Saturday, November 25, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving letdown?

I have a lot to write about, but I'm so very, very tired. I fell asleep a couple of times this afternoon while J was playing on the computer. He had to holler at me to get my attention. I think this is another round of PMS from hell coming on, where I'm so tired I can barely function and bitchy as all get out. YUCK.

So I'll just jot down a couple of notes to remind myself what I might want to talk about later:

~The Black Friday free-for-all - Target actually wasn't terrible, and my trip was 50% successful. Got the camera and the Christmas tree, but the tree was missing one of the four pieces to the stand, so it had to go back today.

~K's parents. I'm telling you, if I ever get remarried, my future in-laws don't stand a chance. K's parents are beyond wonderful. That's how I want to be for J.

~J. Whoever said "terrible twos" had it aaaaaaaall wrong. We're smack in the middle of the fearsome fours, and there are days my child's behavior makes me want to bang my head into the nearest wall and scream in frustration. It doesn't help that he's just as pigheaded as I am and is prone to argue purely for the sake of arguing. I keep telling myself, "he won't be little forever, he won't be little forever". Some days it helps.

~J's new boots. PaPa decided he needed ropers, so he gave J some money and off we went to the Western wear store. J was SO PROUD of his boots, I'm surprised he hasn't tried to sleep in them! He was also fascinated by the "cow couch" at the Western store (it was a couch done up in a black and white cow print, and he's informed me several times that we need a cow couch, and we'll have to get rid of the ones we have to make room for them). See, he does enough cute stuff over things like this that I'm not totally ready to sell him to the gypsies.

~Our Christmas tree! It's not totally decorated yet, but we put it up this afternoon. J loves it, and that makes me happy.

I'm sure there's more, but this will do for now. I'm so tired I'm cross-eyed. I think I'll just call it a night and go to sleep.

No comments: