Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The perfect place to be?

Well. This is my horoscope for today:

Things are moving to a deeper level in a very shallow area of your life. This could mean that a relationship is about to move to a new level, that a burgeoning friendship will blossom, or that you will finally overcome a challenging learning curve at work. This is a sign that you're doing the right thing right now, and that where you are in life is the perfect place to be. Congratulate yourself and prepare to enjoy a richer happiness.

What exactly does one make of that? And if where I am is the perfect place to be, why does my life feel about as comfortable as a straitjacket some days?

I had to be at work by 8:00 this morning since we get off at 2:00, and J usually dawdles something terrible in the mornings, largely over the TV. So this morning I told him that if we left the TV off, he could have a treat for breakfast (he chose a Jolly Rancher sucker). I am so going to parenting hell, they are revoking my good parent card, and my mother is banging her head against a wall somewhere - candy for breakfast. But hey, it got us out the door easily and quickly, and I was actually early to work (made it here by 7:45, well before my manager - and you know how happy that makes me!).

I am so not in the mood to work today. And alas, I have things I *have* to get done. Maybe I can get most of them done by lunchtime, and then just goof off for a couple of hours.

I'll probably be offline for a couple of days with family here. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

No comments: