Monday, January 29, 2007

Sick, sick, sick

Turns out our team leader had the flu. She came into work last Thursday. She sits right across from me. I don't know what I have, but I feel like a hammered cow pie. I ran fever off and on most of the weekend, had chills with it. None of that now, but I've got this nasty hacking cough that makes my ribs hurt. I don't feel as bad as I did the one time I know I had the flu - my fever hasn't been that high, and I can still function somewhat normally (well, except for co-workers telling me, "Gee, you look like you feel awful" - thanks ever so much). At any rate, I've been trying to feel better the past few days, trying to keep J well and entertained, and generally trying to rest. (Yeah, right.)

To his credit, K came over Saturday and was going to watch J while I took a nap. That was a great idea - until J parked himself outside my door and screamed that he wanted MAMA. He finally got into my room, and told me he needed something to drink and something on TV. I said, hey, go ask Daddy - he can help you with that. J's response? "Noooooo, I CAN'T ask Daddy, he's sitting in the rocking chair!" Um, OK, not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China, but your father can get a drink and operate the DVD player just as well as I can, thankyouverymuch. I told him he could either ask Daddy or have no drink and no TV, because I was tired and wanted to rest.

And last night J sacked out at 8:45. I thought, great! Until he woke up howling three times saying his legs hurt. All I could figure was growing pains - he hasn't hurt his legs or ankles that I know of, and they weren't swollen or warm to the touch, he didn't say it hurt when I touched his legs. He just sat in the floor crying that his legs hurt and he couldn't walk. Poor baby, the third time he didn't even make it to my room, he just sat in the hallway and cried until I came and got him. The third time, I got smart and gave him some Tylenol, and then I got a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep. But between that and my coughing and sniffling and simultaneously clogged and runny nose, I didn't get a good night's rest last night.

I'm taking tomorrow off. I have a doctor's appointment at 10:15, after which I'm going to come home, drug myself with whatever they give me (hopefully the cough syrup that's like liquid Vicodin!) and take a big, long nap. I thought about cleaning stuff, but then I thought, don't be ridiculous, how often do you get the chance to take a nap in a quiet house? Sleep already.

And so I will.


~M~ said...


Liza's Eyeview said...

wishing you a nice, long restful nap. Sweet Dreams.

Take care of your self. Hope you feel better soon.