1. Sleep in. Yeah, right, like that ever happens at my house. It's a nice thought, though, especially if you happen to know the night before that the weather will be too nasty to get out.
2. Watch TV. We have watched video after video after video on our two ice/snow days this week. Thankfully, when J watches TV, there's a fair amount of other activity going on, so it's not like we were complete couch potatoes.
3. Make cookies. I made some cranberry walnut cookies today that were yummy. Of course, I can't take credit for the recipe - they were some of those frozen pop-'em-in-a-pan-and-bake ones that I bought from the last FFA fundraiser around here.
4. Jump on the bed. What better way to wear a boy out than letting him jump on the bed when it's way too cold to go jump outside (and when ice covering the driveway makes jumping hazardous at best, injurious at worst)?
5. Run through the house playing "chase me". This consists of J running from one end of the house to the other shrieking, "You can't catch me, you can't catch me!" while I run after him. My mother would be appalled.
6. Take a bath. Hey, if my kid asks to take a bath in the late afternoon, while it's still light outside, far be it from me to say no. Makes bedtime that much easier.
7. Play trains. We got out the Thomas the Tank Engine set today and put it together and played trains for a while.
8. Laundry. J didn't do this, I did, and I didn't actually get any washed, I just folded the stuff that was already clean and got it put away. Hey, it's something.
9. Dishes. I got the clean dishes put up and out of the dishwasher, and put the dirty ones in the dishwasher. Of course, there are more to replace the ones currently in the dishwasher. I never can seem to get completely caught up on that.
10. Read. It was good reading weather, so we did that.
11. Talk on the phone. Of course I had to call all our out-of-state family and let them know we're fine, yes, we still have power, no, we aren't leaving the house today, yes, there's ice. And I had to call work and tell them nope, sorry, J's school is closed and my driveway is again covered in ice, I will not be there today.
12. Drink hot chocolate. I like it, J doesn't. He's just like his daddy, he doesn't do hot/warm drinks. I don't get that, but hey, it just means more for me.
13. Wish for another snow day tomorrow. I wish we could somehow get the rest of the week off - but only if the office is officially closed (it wasn't today, let's not even start on our inclement weather policy, OY), I don't want to burn that much vacation in early January.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
3. Lexa Rosean
6. Dane Bramage
8. Janie Hickok Siess
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants