1. Pay off all my bills. How nice to be debt-free!
2. Set up an educational fund for J. I'd love to know his education was taken care of, even if he decided to go for his law degree AND his medical degree.
3. Set up a trust fund for J, that he could have access to later in life (with limits, of course - I'm not so foolish as to give him unlimited access to a great wodge of cash, that's just asking for trouble).
4. Set up trust funds for my nieces. Their dad hasn't exactly gone out of his way to help my sister financially, and I'd like them to know that not all family members suck.
5. Buy a new car. Something nice and not too expensive. Maybe a Honda Pilot.
6. Remodel my house. Enclose the garage and turn it into a study. Knock out walls between the study and J's room and give him one BIG room. Turn the toy room back into the music room it used to be. Add on a sunroom. Put in a pool and deck. Take out the nasty carpet and put in hardwood floors. Add a three-car garage (not because I want three cars, just because I could use the storage space!) with an apartment above it for company. (Can you tell I've given this some thought?)
7. Take a vacation. A real vacation, not just a day off for home repair or illness or car trouble. I'd like to go to Italy or Greece or Scotland and Ireland and Wales. Maybe I'd go to all those places.
8. Take a big family vacation. I'd love to take all the family - J and his little cousins, my sister, K's siblings, K, all of us - to Walt Disney World. That would be a BLAST.
9. Schedule myself a weekly massage for an entire year. Now that would be extravagance.
10. Buy season tickets for Baylor football and Stars hockey. Hell, I'd get a box at the Stars games.
11. Give to my church.
12. Give to Baylor (the English department, not the law school).
13. Give to other organizations I believe in.
And the all-important #14 - invest wisely. That should be #1, shouldn't it?
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
5. The Little Woman
6. Friday's Child
12. Incog & Nito
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants