Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oh, no, the hell it didn't

My car started when I left work this afternoon. Ran a bit rough, but started and made a couple of loops around the parking garage. Then it died. Dead like a dodo. Not going. Almost blocking the way out of the garage, and me with no way to move it. (I wasn't very popular with people leaving. Fucking rude bastards. I had my hazards on and was standing by my car crying, you'd think they'd realize I didn't stop just for shit and grins.) Thankfully my manager left just after me, and stopped to help.

And blow me if that car didn't start right up after sitting for just a couple of minutes. My manager followed me home to make sure I got there safely, and it made it with no problems. What. The. Hell.

The dealership knows I'll be there in the morning. I have no idea how this will affect my weekend plans to see Brian - he's got a tour at work on Saturday that he can't get out of, and he's supposed to usher at both services at church on Sunday. I'm hoping he can get someone to cover church and then come up here Saturday afternoon - of all weekends, I need a big ol' hug or ten this weekend. I'm trying to figure out if there's any way I can avoid paying for a rental car the whole weekend and into next week - I don't expect they'll get it fixed tomorrow, and I need to have a way to get around.

Son of a bitch. If there was any way I could afford a car payment, I'd trade mine in tomorrow and walk out with one new. But I can't.

And kudos to K - when I called hysterical asking if he could pick J up from school, he did without a moment's hesitation. :-) So he redeemed himself admirably from the piddly crap of yesterday.

No comments: