1. My son. He's busy, infuriating, funny, and sweet, and he can make me want to bang my head against the nearest wall. But he can make me laugh like nothing else, and it warms my heart when he tells me he loves me.
2. Good dark chocolate. Looooooove me some dark chocolate.
3. Festive pens. I love writing in different colors. I doodle a lot, and the more entertaining my doodles can be, the better I like it. I'm especially partial to sparkly inks.
4. A good book. Nothing beats curling up with a good book on a rainy day. (Not that I get to do that often, but when I do, I like it a lot.)
5. Sunny days. I'm a fair-weather child by nature. If I have to live with too much rain and gloom, I get grumpy.
6. Clean sheets. It feels wonderful to slip into bed with clean, cool sheets at the end of the day.
7. A bubble bath. #6 is especially nice if you've had a bubble bath first. And a bubble bath in the middle of the day, for example, if you take the day off work, just feels downright decadent.
8. A nap. See #7 for my thoughts about naps in the middle of the day. I think that's the best sleep there is, taking a nap on a vacation day, knowing everyone else is at work and you aren't. I wish I could take a nap right now.
9. Chocolate chip cookies. Especially if they're warm and fresh from the oven.
10. Flowers. I can't grow 'em, but I can enjoy 'em.
11. Cotton candy. How can you not smile when you've got a big fluffy blob of spun sugar in your hand? I very seldom have any, but it's always a smiley occasion when I do.
12. Butterflies. I love butterflies. I had one land on my arm once when J and I were outside. Very cool.
13. Brian. I don't understand how I can feel so secure and centered when I'm around him, and yet all hair-standing-on-end/toes-curling at the same time. It's a mystery, but one that darn sure makes me happy.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants