Monday, May 23, 2005

Fortune cookie du jour

Today's tidbit of wisdom: "Being aware of your fears will improve your life." Huh?! I don't get much from that even if I add "in bed" to it.

It's Monday. All day long. The day started out with a flaming meltdown at daycare. Normally J is pretty happy to go watch a movie until his teacher gets there. His other choice is going to the ballpit, and he doesn't care for that if it's more than just his class in there - too loud for his taste. This morning, though, he waffled. He wanted one, then the other, then the one, then the other. I thought it odd that he'd even ask to go to the ballpit, since normally he's not the slightest bit interested. Finally I told him that mama had to go to work, he could stay and watch the movie. One of his teachers picked him up, and he screamed his little head off as I left. I hate days like that. I sat in the car and cried. What a way to start the week. I did call later and check on him, and once his teacher got there and his routine was underway, he was fine. They'll be changing the procedures soon, and he'll be able to go straight to class when he arrives. That should suit him just fine - he'd stay in there by himself of a morning if I'd let him. LOL

Then there was traffic - the way I usually go was shut down due to a gas leak in, and evacuation of, a building in that area. So I had to slog up the interstate all the way to downtown, and I was late. *sigh*

And then there's the pile of work on my desk. So much work, so little get-up-and-go at the moment. I look at it and think, "hm, I'll do that tomorrow." Problem is, month-end is coming up and "tomorrows" are running short.

Weight loss - down another pound, for a total of 7.4 pounds gone. :) I really must get back on the treadmill, though.

Now I'm tired and would just like to go home. Is it 5:00 yet?

No comments: