Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Moving up!

J has moved up to the three-year-old room at daycare! I can't believe he's getting to be such a big boy. *sniffle* I noticed yesterday that all the kids in his class, with the exception of one boy who's a week younger than Julian and who's new to the daycare, are at least four months younger than he is. Some of them are almost a full year younger than he is, and at this age, that's a big gap in terms of development. So I'd thought about asking the director when he could move up - he's not quite three, but he likes the teacher in the three-year-old class.

J's regular teacher has been out this week, recovering from minor surgery. He's been less than enthused about going to class in her absence. This morning he was asking to go to the three-year-old class before we even got to school. The director was at the front desk this morning, so I told her about Julian's interest in moving up, explained the age gap between him and the other children in the two-year-old class and that all his little buddies he's come up with have already moved up, and asked if he could go to that class for the morning if not go ahead and move up. The director seemed surprised that J was so enthusiastic about the move, but said that perhaps that's why he's been not so happy with his regular teacher out this week - he likes her, but doesn't fit well with the rest of the class. She said the three-year-old room had an opening that had just become available yesterday, so J could move up starting today! Woo hoo!!!!!!! He may be one of the youngest in the class, but he's bigger than most of the kids, and I know he's smarter than most - he's one of the two children in that group (they've been mostly together since the Infant II room, age 12-18 months) who's consistently been interested in the learning activities. So I think he'll do really well there, being with a teacher he likes and with all his familiar buddies.

In other news: getting back to a better eating plan has paid off - I'm down 3.4 pounds so far! :) I know it's probably all water weight at this point, but still, it's good to see the scale going down again. I haven't exercised the past two nights, because I feel like a hammered cow pie - hard to get excited about working out when you can't breathe through your nose. I'm going to do my weight training, though - I can do that even though I'm congested. I'd like to lose at least 10-15 pounds before I go back to see my surgeon, so hopefully he won't yell *too* much. LOL Surprisingly, it's been easy for me to stick to the WOE so far - I haven't even had any Somersize-legal desserts, much less bad sugary treats, because I just haven't had a craving for sweets. VERY unusual for me, but hey, I'll take it and say thank you as long as it lasts.

No comments: