Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Halfway through the week

You know, my mother always told me not to wish my life away. But sometimes, it's awfully hard not to wish for the weekend!

It's been a day. Busy, busy. Lots of stuff to do at work. I feel like I'm being moderately productive, but I'm not getting anywhere near caught up. It's like trying to go up the down escalator, I manage to do enough to not get pulled too far backward but I never feel like I make any real progress!

J's been having meltdown mornings at school, but today was surprisingly good. He decided he wanted to go eat breakfast (not something he normally does). He told me bye, gave me a kiss and walked off with his teacher with nary a peep. :)

I may have a date sometime soon! Woo hoo! T asked if I'd like to go see a movie with him. I said sure, but we haven't decided on a specific time yet. If it's this weekend, there could be problems - K may have plans, but he's not sure yet, either. Oooh, the first potential conflict over both of us wanting to go out on the same weekend. LOL See, this is why I need to find a good babysitter, and one of the major disadvantages of having family all living out of state.

I do have a possible lead on a babysitter, though. She's a student at a local college, and has stayed with my college roommate's son - he just loves her, asks his mom when the babysitter is coming back. LOL She's certified in child CPR, and if J takes to her, well, it may cost a bit more than most sitters, but it will be money well spent in my book. I need to call and touch base with her, even if it turns out I don't need her to keep J this weekend.

I'd better get back to it. I've got tons of phone calls to make and lots of other things to do. Is it 5:00 yet? And will someone please tell me to stay the hell away from the Reese's peanut butter cups?! I am craving sugar something fierce.

No comments: