Friday, May 27, 2005

Looking forward to a long weekend!

Hooray, it's Friday, and Monday is a holiday!!! :)

Yesterday got better after the big poop adventure, thankfully. Today also started off in a body-function-related manner, but not with poop, thank goodness. No, the big news is, J peed on the potty!!!! This is huge - I was beginning to wonder if we'd be potty-trained before he outgrew Pull-Ups! He woke up this morning and told me he needed to go to the potty right now - he was already trying to pull his underpants off. So we got those off, ran for the bathroom, and he put his stepstool to where he could climb up and sit on the potty. He didn't even use his little potty seat, he told me he didn't need it. He just sat right down on the potty and peed. :) I told him I was so proud of him, and that he did just right, if he needed to go he should say so and take off for the bathroom and I'd be right behind him. Yay for potty progress!!!!

You know, I had no idea before I had a child how much of a parent's life can revolve around different bodily fluids and functions....

In other news: It looks like I may have a date this weekend. :) Not sure of the specifics just yet, but T called last night and we figured out what would be about halfway between the two of us so we could meet. (Not quite ready to have anyone coming to my house just yet, that privilege will have to be earned.) He's not quite as familiar with the more southern parts of the metroplex as I am, but he said he'd check and find out what was in the area. I'm thinking we'll probably go out tomorrow, but I could be wrong. At any rate, it will be a nice evening, I think.

Other than that, it's just a day. We've got some high muckety-mucks here at the office today, taking a tour, so we've all had to dress presentably and clean up our work spaces. And on a Friday, too, which is usually a day to wear jeans. AND a Friday before a holiday, no less. Yeah, this is a good day to make a good impression. LOL

I'd better get back to work, though - much to do before I get out of here, and we're taking one of my co-workers to lunch today, so that will take up a good bit of the day. More later!

1 comment:

Red said...

Happy Memorial Day weekend!