Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Are we sure today isn't Monday?

I went to Glenda's funeral yesterday. It was a nice service. And it was good to see lots of people from where I used to work, even if it was a terrible occasion to have to get together for. I cried a bit, and then I felt even more down afterward - really, really dragging. It's still weird to think she's really gone, really not here anymore, that we'll never talk about hockey or religion or her stupid not-quite-boyfriend again.

And yes, I'm still excessively tired. I called my doc's office and left a message asking when I might expect my test results - haven't heard anything yet. I guess I'll give them today, and try tomorrow if I haven't heard anything. It's weird. Every time I sit down, I fall asleep. Yesterday I'd sleep to the point that J would either have to holler at me more than once or actually touch me to get me to wake up. Can you catch narcolepsy? I don't mean to make light, because I know that that's no laughing matter. But sometimes that's what it feels like - I get anywhere and get still, and I'm zonked out in seconds.

I'm bummed even further by the fact that I may not get to see Brian this weekend. I talked to him last night - he'd been saying he thought he was coming down with the crud, but the last e-mail I got said he thought it was breaking up and getting better. Well, come to find out he got worse, to the point that he went to the ER over the weekend. He has bronchitis and strep, and depending on how he's feeling, may not make the trip up here on Friday. Logically I know it's not the end of the world, and if he's still contagious, I sure don't want any of that. But emotionally, I'm just bummed out big-time. I really need hugs, and dammit, I'm not going to get them. I'm just operating under the assumption that he won't be coming up here, so if it turns out that he can, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I wish he didn't live so far away, so that something like this wouldn't mean it would be another two weeks before I'd get to see him.

And work is just killing me. We're doing this new pilot project, and this morning it took two of us a total of an hour to figure out how to do a particular cash transaction. An HOUR. Now I ask you, how in the world can that be more efficient? I've done several more during the day, and it's tedious and time-consuming - again, not the best use of my time, I don't think. So while I'm processing my own cash transactions and doing my own account closings in some cases, a shitload of other stuff goes undone, and I'm just waiting for something to come back and bite me in the butt. *SIGH*

I guess I'd better get off of here and try to tackle some of that ever-growing mountain of work, if I can hold my head up long enough.


Nell said...

Maybe you should go to Brian's and take care of him...he would love and appreciate that I'm sure!

Lisa said...

Danelle, if he lived closer, I would. But 90 miles is too far for a quick stop by to check on him. That's why he just needs to find a job up here!

A Mother's Serenity said...

Have you had your thyroid checked out Lisa? You are sounding so much like me when they found out I waa hypothyroid! I coudl sit and fall alseep and just flet like I had the flu all the time. Ask for a TSH to be done if you haven't and the Mono tests come back okay!

Lisa said...

Holly, I hadn't thought about that. The mono tests did come back negative - I've been exposed to it at some point, but don't have an active case of it right now. The doctor's office said all my other bloodwork was OK, but I don't know if that included thyroid function. I'll have to ask if I keep feeling crappy - today I felt mostly OK, though. Go figure.