Sunday, May 07, 2006

When did I turn 15 again?!

It was a lovely weekend. Brian made dinner last night - yay, he can cook!

Today we went to a really cool exhibit at the Amon Carter Museum in Fort Worth - it was an exhibit of bird's-eye view maps of different Texas cities. They were all interesting, and it was really fun seeing cities we were familiar with, like Dallas and Waco, as they looked in the 1890s. For some cities, they had more than one map, and it was interesting to see how they grew (or didn't grow) over the course of a few years. Then we went for Mexican food, went shopping (you've gotta love a man who'll go with you to DSW Shoe Warehouse and carry your purchases for you!), and just hung out here. He left about 9:30. I miss him already.

He's invited me to go with him to a museum shindig on the 19th. If I can switch my late night, I'm going - I'd go down for that, then we'd drive back up here, and he'd be able to stay until Sunday morning. Is it then yet?! Of course, this means I'll have to find something nice to wear - not formal, just nice. At least I got nice shoes at DSW today.

If he's talked to his mom and his ex (they're still good friends, much like K and me) about me, is that a good thing? I kind of think it might be. This is the part of dating you forget - it's good and scary and fun and painful and thrilling all at the same time.

I feel like a giddy teenager - no, wait, I don't think I was *this* goofy when I *was* a teenager.

Work issues? What work issues? What's work? And is it two weeks from now yet?!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I can almost hear you giggling as you wrote this! Soooo glad Brian is in your life!!! I def. think something will happen to bring you two cloer to one another in relation to where you are now distance wise. This has too good of a thing so far for it not to be something of substantial meaning!