Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Is it time to go home yet?

I'm dragging. J woke up at 3-something this morning, wanting to get in bed with me. Then he wanted something to drink, and got back in his bed. When I woke up this morning, he was back in my bed, and I have no recollection of how he got there. My bed is tall - I need a stepstool to get in it, and the stepstool is on my side. You'd think I'd have noticed if J crawled over me to get into the bed.

On the bright side, I'm taking Friday off. I talked to my manager, and I've only used one vacation day this year, so I figured I'm due for another. I can't wait. I'll be spending most of the day cleaning, but maybe I can squeeze in a little nap, too.

J is a big boy now - I had to take him to the doc for a sinus infection a few weeks ago, and he weighs 49 pounds! YOW! I found a height predictor online, and based on J's height and weight and age, my height and K's height, it predicted that J will be 6 feet 5 inches at age 18. Double yow!!! It gave a certain percentage chance that the figure would be right within 1 inch, 2 inches, or 3 inches (and based on the formula they used, there was a 90-something chance of it being accurate within 3 inches one way or the other). Even if he ends up 4 inches shorter than that, he'll still be a foot taller than me. Basketball scholarship, anyone? Or who knows, quarterbacks are getting taller these days, and the boy can throw. :-)

And K is sick. He'd been sickish off and on, periodic fever and chills, and just feeling like crap all the time. He called me last week, saying he'd coughed up blood. Now that's never a good thing to hear, so he went to the ER, and I took off that afternoon and went and sat with him. I had to leave to pick up J before he got the final word, but it turned out he has mono. And strep on top of that. YUCK! If he's had it for a month (he's been feeling rotten for about that long) and neither J nor I have gotten it, that's just a pure wonder. I felt kind of bad - every time he'd say he was just exhausted, I'd tell him I didn't want to hear it, that I was tired, too. Oops. So anyway, he's been off work this week and is hopefully starting to feel a bit better. He doesn't know if he's at the tail end of the mono or if it didn't really start until he got the sore throat, which could mean several more weeks of feeling like crap. But hopefully he'll get over it soon. It's no fun to feel rotten all the time.

A J funny: We were in Target, and we'd occasionally see a baby in a carrier or a stroller. At one point J turned to me and said, "Mama, can we get a little baby of our very own?" Let me think about that - um, no. LOLOLOL

I need to work. I've got a crapload to do. But my motivation is just nonexistent. Last month we had a big push to make a bunch of proactive calls to let customers know they'd be getting a spring survey - y'all know how I feel about phone calls, and that just wore me plumb out. A funny in relation to that: A couple of customers had already gotten the survey when we called, and they complained that it didn't really seem to apply to their situation. Well, we got an e-mail today - turns out that the local office clients got the survey that should have gone to our clients, and our clients got the surveys that should have gone to the local office clients. OOPS!!! I really did laugh out loud when I read that.

Anyway, I'm now trying to overcome the massive-phone-call-volume-induced lethargy and play catch-up on all my other work. Yuck. Is it Friday yet, and if not, is it at least getting close to quittin' time?

No comments: