Monday, November 07, 2005

An attitude I'd like to cultivate

I came across this post as I was zipping through the blogosphere. And I thought, why can't I ever feel like that? Why can't I believe that my life is as it should be? Why do I feel like I'm always falling short, like I'm barely making it from one day to the next, like I never have enough to meet my needs? Why can't I trust that it *will* all turn out OK? When did I pick up this pessimistic/negative streak, and how the hell do I get rid of it, at least once in a while?

I'd toyed with the idea of just staying up all night tonight - that way I'd be too tired to much care what's said at my review tomorrow. Logically, though, I know that's stupid - after all, I do still have to drive to and from work. I just hope the review isn't as bad as I'm anticipating/dreading it will be. In ten hours, it should all be over but the shouting, so at least I don't have to anticipate/dread it much longer. In ten hours I can start recovering from whatever beating I've gotten.

But now, I must sleep. I should have gone to bed two hours ago.

2 comments:

John Howard said...

So, how did it go?

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

John, great minds think alike - I just posted! No bones broken, no blood drawn, and no tears shed, so I reckon it went all right.