Tuesday, November 29, 2005

*YAWN*

Either my child has a very overactive imagination, or my house runneth over with ghostly visitors. He's taken to waking up every night - "Mama, there's a ghost in my room, come lay down with me." Last night he woke up three times, at 4:30, 5:00 and 5:30. He slept just long enough each time for me to get back in bed and get settled. After I finally got him back to sleep after the 5:30 wake-up call, it was time to get up and get dressed. I didn't even get to hit snooze on my alarm this morning. Oh, the unfairness of it all. And I'm so tired I'm just about cross-eyed.

I'm working on cleaning my house. It's a slow process, and I'm not even doing all of the deep-down thorough cleaning I want to do. I'm throwing out some, and things I need to deal with but can't take time to deal with right now, I'm putting in the study. K sort of makes fun of my cleaning process - I tend to clean small chunks (usually something no one sees, like the pantry or the cabinet under my bathroom sink) first, so that I have a feeling of having accomplished something, of having one tiny oasis of cleanliness in a wasteland of mess. He thinks I'd be better served cleaning the places people see first and leaving everything else until later. I agree somewhat, but I think that cleaning the bits people see first (and shoving all the junk from those bits into closets and drawers and cabinets) is part of the reason I have such an accumulation of crap to go through and toss now. But I keep slogging away - one day it will all be clean and organized, right?

K's family is coming this way tonight for their monthly follow-up visit with the doctor (this is the chunk of family that stayed up here following Hurricane Katrina). They've opted to stay at a hotel this time. Not sure why (well, yeah, I am - they feel like they're imposing, even though no one has ever told them they are), but they are. So I'm not sure how much we'll see them this visit.

I now have plans for Friday as well as for Saturday. My college roommate lives in the area, and she won a party at a local food and beverage establishment for Friday night. So she invited me to come hang out. Should be fun! I won't stay out too late, though - my massage is at 8:30 Saturday morning, and of course I don't want to be late for that.

I sure hope J didn't take a big nap at daycare today. Tonight would be a good time for him to fall asleep while eating dinner, so he'd go to bed early. I'm fried, and if I can't figure out how to help put an end to these middle-of-the-night wake-up calls, I'm going to just fall over from exhaustion. Up until 10:00 last night, awake three times - that doesn't equal a very good night's rest for mama.

No comments: