Thursday, August 04, 2005

A case of the blues

I don't even know where to start. I'm just in kind of a funk. I can't point to one specific reason for it, I'm just feeling down and tired and like it's too much effort to get out of bed. I know, some of you may think that sounds like I'm depressed. I don't think that's it - I do actually have moments where I feel OK and am pretty happy and content (I just don't write about them here! LOL). No, I think this is just a case of being down in the dumps, and it will pass.

Work is getting to me. I find that some of the things I'm asked to do don't sit well with my own personal beliefs and opinions. No, I'm not being asked to do anything illegal or immoral. It's just that I don't always feel like things that benefit the company are necessarily in the best interests of our clients, and it's starting to bother me.

I think I mentioned T a while back - we'd talked via e-mail and on the phone for a good little bit, and gone out a couple of times. I thought we'd gotten along pretty well, but he's suddenly disappeared on me. I haven't heard boo from him in almost three weeks. You know, if he's gone off me for whatever reason, that's fine, there's certainly no law that says you've gotta keep going out with someone you aren't interested in. But please, I'd rather know than be on the receiving end of the disappearing act. And maybe he really does have a lot going on, but I think all the things that might be keeping him occupied now were present in his life before we went out, and somehow he found time to talk to me then. This just confirms to me that I should take a break from trying to meet people. If there's a guy out there for me, it will happen when it's meant to.

J is, as always, mama's little sunshine. Two funnies - first, the booger story. K took J to Little Gym last Saturday. During class, K noticed that J had a big booger in his nose, and thought he'd discreetly remove it. But when he tried to clean J's nose, J hollered (right in the middle of the gym, and no doubt loud enough to be heard outside), "NO, Daddy, don't clean my booger! I want to lick it!" When K told me this, I nearly hurt myself laughing. It's so oogy (obviously the conversations about not eating boogers haven't sunk in yet), but still, that's pretty funny. It still makes me laugh now, thinking about it. I guess he's getting to that age where he will say *anything*, so we'd better just expect anything.

And now the time out story. I picked J up from daycare yesterday, and he told me he got a time out in the ball pit. I asked him why, and of course he artfully dodged the question. The afternoon teacher told me she thought he got the time out for not listening to his primary teacher (oh, yeah, J not listening, that doesn't surprise me a bit). So we came home, and K came by. I told him about the time out, and he asked J why he got the time out. J's response? "Just for fun!" OY, that child.

In other happy news, Mike Modano has signed a five-year deal with the Stars! WOO!!! That means he'll likely retire as a Star, and I'm glad. I'd have been sad to see him go somewhere else after being here or on the North Stars all this time. I don't think he's played for any other franchise during his NHL career, and that's pretty rare. Is it hockey season yet?!?!?!

No comments: