Thursday, August 11, 2005

Gonna need an ocean...

of calamine lotion. Actually, calamine has been pretty much useless, as has its medicated cousin, Caladryl. Last night I got some Ivy-Dry scrub (supposed to remove the poison ivy/oak oils from your skin) and some Band-Aid anti-itch gel (supposed to work pretty well to stop the itchies). After I used those, I was much improved compared to the burning/itching feeling of yesterday that made me want to scratch my face off. But today it still itches/hurts, and I look a fright. I'm not a very vain person, but right now I'd like to put a paper bag over my head so I don't scare small children with my appearance! I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow at 9:15. Hopefully she can give me a nice steroid shot and help get this cleared up.

I thought I'd have to pinch J's little head off last night. He asked to turn the light out and lay down at 8:30. I thought, yay, bed at a decent hour! Ha, HA, the joke was on me. That little rascal didn't go to sleep until 11:00, and by that point I was so frustrated I was about ready to bang my head into the nearest wall. Now that he *can* go to the potty, he had to go a zillion times. I'm glad he's realizing when he needs to go and his underpants stay dry until bedtime, but boy, it's vexing to see him fighting sleep for all he's worth, by whatever means possible, when he's so tired he can barely stand up.

OK, I take it back. My face is about to itch right off my body. Is it 9:15 tomorrow yet?!?!?!

2 comments:

Jay said...

Yikes! I didn't see where the cause was mentioned (if). I gather the tyke got into poison oak, then, being a giver, he gave mama a great big hug?

Hope it clears up soon.

Jay

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

It's entirely possible I didn't mention it. Yep, Jay, you got it - somewhere J got into a mess of poison oak, and then shared it with mama. What a good boy! LOL I'm begging for a steroid shot tomorrow - the longer the day goes, the more it itches. And now my face is puffed up noticeably on the side that's worst affected - I look like a lopsided chipmunk. UGH