Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Stop the world, I want to get off!

It's been absolutely bonkers at work today. It's one of those days/weeks where so much is clamoring for my attention, I have a hard time focusing on one thing and completing it before moving on to the next - my brain keeps jumping in fourteen different directions at once.

J is a stinker. He woke up yesterday and informed me he wasn't going to school. I said yes, mommy's going to work and you get to go to school. He then said, "Mama, I don't feel good." Of course I checked for fever - none - and I asked him what felt bad. He said, "I don't feel good, I need to go see Dr. Jean!" Ah, now I see. I asked him if he'd just said that to try to put off going to school and he said, "Yes." LOLOL Well, at least he's honest, and I guess it's progress that he *likes* going to the doctor now. When he was younger and having so many ear infections, he'd start screaming the second she set foot in the exam room! But he's three, and he's already trying to find ways to con me out of sending him to school. And of course, he did *not* get out of going to school yesterday.

So many things I've encountered lately, as far as horoscopes, readings and the like, have indicated that I may be moving toward a time of (self-imposed) regulation. Here's a bit from my August horoscope at Astrology Zone:

Mars in Taurus seems bent on keeping you in some sort of isolation, but it appears to be voluntary, so perhaps you'll be in a sumptuous library or log cabin by a lake, turning out page after page of excellent work.

And the more I think about it, the more just keeping to myself for a while sounds like a really good idea. It's like I don't have the energy to put myself out there and be cute and perky and fun right now. Some days it's all I can do to keep things afloat at work and at home. I don't know about a sumptuous library or a log cabin by a lake, but just being in my own house and getting it organized sounds pretty good right about now. Time enough to worry about meeting people down the road.

And now, I have a phone call to make. Ugh. No one told me I'd also need a degree in counseling to do this job.

3 comments:

JamDaddy said...

Degree in counseling? I thought all this was completely solved a few posts ago - mood dots and tequila.

Better play hooky like J tried until you have had a few shots (not from the doctor from Jose').

The Anti-Wife said...

Girl...kick back and relax. And if you can do it without J, go for it. He doesn't need to know that Mommy played hookie.

You need to take a Mental Health Day and do something for YOU. That day, of course, should contain sex, pedicures, and tequila, or any combination, thereof!

I feel for you, girl.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Oh, it's not a mental health day unless I have it to myself. LOL I adore my son, but keeping up with him for the day does not lend itself well to rest and reflection. I'll have time to myself this weekend, and there probably won't be any sex or pedicures involved (although I *do* have a spa gift certificate that my thoughtful son gave me for Mother's Day!), but I'm pretty sure there'll be tequila! :)

I'm better today - work is still nuts, but I'm better.