Monday, August 15, 2005

A good night's sleep isn't enough

J slept well last night - he woke up around 4:15 to go potty, was asleep again by about 4:45, and slept until 6:45. I toyed briefly with the idea of just staying up after he went back to sleep, but decided I wanted that extra hour or so of sleep. I should have stayed up - I overslept, waking up about a minute and a half before J did, and running seriously late. Ugh. I dropped him off at daycare - he seemed fine when I left, but I saw him standing at the window crying as I drove away, and that hurts. And now I'm at work. I swear, it feels like I gain twenty pounds the minute I drive in the garage, it brings me down that much some days.

I am going to do something good for myself today, though. I've been whining for ages that I don't have time to work out, boo hoo. I found out when we had a health fair a few weeks ago that there's a Curves just a couple of blocks away. I have a couple of friends who've been going there with good success, so I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a try. I can manage a 30-minute workout and count it as my lunch break, and it's just about the only way I can think of to get any consistent exercise in. I know that will help my mental outlook and hopefully shrink my butt, too. :)

I'd better work. Lots to do and a two-hour conference call for a training class this afternoon, oh joy. More later.

2 comments:

The Anti-Wife said...

Where you be, woman? You okay?

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

I'm OK, Kellie - thanks for checking on me! :) Just another bout with cooties, I'm better now.