Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Itchy owies

J is better - the swelling is gone, he looks like my little boy again, only blotchy. I, on the other hand, am about ready to scratch my face off. Mine isn't nearly as bad as J's was - if he felt like this, it's a wonder he didn't draw blood. I'm going to try some of the over-the-counter cortisone cream and see if that helps - Caladryl and comparable products just aren't cutting it.

Today hasn't been horrible. We had our last training session this morning (I've been going to this class twice a week since the end of June, enough already). It was pretty entertaining. It was a review of all the lessons, and for the first half of the session we divided up into teams and played Jeopardy. My team won, largely because I really do know the technical side of estates and trusts (yeah, I'm a tax lawyer geek! LOL). I got a coffee mug. Woo!

And now there's only about an hour and a half left in the day! :)

I've taken my profile off of two of the sites I was on. I just don't have the time and energy to invest in meeting new people and trying to always put my best foot forward. Even if you aren't looking to be serious (and I'm certainly not), it's still hard work getting to know someone, and early on, even if you're only interested in friendship, you do want to put that best foot forward. I need all the energy I can muster to deal with other areas of my life right now, so I'm not looking anymore. When I have time to myself, I don't mind spending it with myself.

I'd better try to get some more work done before the day ends. I am so ready to go home!

No comments: