Friday, August 26, 2005

Just saying no

I'm proud of myself. I wanted a snack, and I ate a little container of non-fat yogurt instead of giving in to the seduction of Reeses peanut butter cups sitting on my desk. And I'm going to work out today. I should lose three pounds just for resisting the chocolate.

I'm really glad it's Friday. I'm sure I've got more to write, maybe I'll have more time tonight after J goes to sleep. It's just about time for me to go work out. This will be my third workout this week, so I'll make my goal for the week. I plan to stick with it.

3 comments:

Holly said...

You rock for working out! I think once you get on a roll...it helps ya know. Hubby got me an eliptical trainer several weeks ago and we both made a deal to work out 6 out of 7 days a week and thus far have kept the deal. So, here's to working out and yummy, low fat snacks!! LOL

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

It does help. And I'm going to Curves on my lunch hour, so I don't have to stress about taking time out of what little I have at home, or trying to cram a workout in after J goes to sleep at 9:30 or 10:00 (yeah, that's worked out real well - not). So I'm doing a workout I enjoy, I have co-workers to keep me motivated, and I'm not stressed about it taking time out of my schedule at home. I've got no excuse not to go!

Holly said...

well then there ya go! I am very lucky that both of my girls are down by 8pm and usually I squeeze in my 30 min workout after L goes down at 7:15ish and while A watches her movie before bed. If they didn't go to bed, I'd never get it in before 10 or so. I have heard so many people say they love Curves...sounds like a great place!