Friday, August 26, 2005

Kids say the darnedest things

I must clean J up a lot. This morning as I was getting him out of his carseat at daycare, he stuck his finger in my nose and said, "You've got a booger, Mama, let me get it out." Tonight while we were eating dinner (at IHOP, so out in public, no less), he stuck a finger in my ear and said, "You've got grot in your ear, Mama, I've got to clean the grot out." He's too much.

And yesterday, when I picked him up, he told me he'd lost his socks in the ballpit. OK, no big deal, it's just a pair of socks. Well, this morning, his teacher told on him - she told me he'd THROWN his socks into the ballpit, and then the conversation went like this:

Teacher: J, why did you throw your socks in there?
J: Because I don't WANT them.

Oy. At least it's only socks he doesn't want - if he started tossing his new Stride Rites into the ballpit and proclaiming he didn't want them, we'd have to have a little chat.

No comments: