Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Batshit crazy

That's what work has been like the past few days. And now I have a client who's apparently headed that direction as well. He's called about a zillion and ten times today, and when I left a voice mail for him to call and a message on our database to be given to him if he called back and I wasn't available, he called back, got the message, and then said he'd like another call back, preferably today. At a quarter to five? Um, no, I'm thinking not. Note to self: when you're not a practicing attorney, never, NEVER make the mistake of letting the people whose accounts you handle know that you have a law degree. 'Nuff said on that topic.

I have so many things to keep up with tomorrow, I just know I'm going to forget something. I need to bring money and the order form to J's school for the child ID cards - tomorrow is the day they're collecting that and taking the photos for the cards. I've volunteered to make two margarita pies for a silent auction we're having on Friday - they're easy to make, but it's something I've gotta do. I have an Estate Planning Council meeting tomorrow at lunch that I hope doesn't completely slip my mind (and yes, in spite of having pop-up reminders on my computer and notes on my calendar, it is still possible for me to completely miss something). Tomorrow night is the make-up class at Little Gym, since J and I won't be there this Saturday. And sometime I've got to find time to get clothes washed and get things packed for a trip to Louisiana. AACK. At least it's only a two-day trip, so it's not like I'm trying to pack for two weeks. But still.

I either need a wife, or I need to win the lotto. Something's gotta give.

Oh, and the latest on the internal position I applied for: No official word yet, but I have it on good authority that a person was added to the training list for this position, and it wasn't any of us on my team who applied for it. So apparently the position has been filled, and no one bothered to let the rest of the applicants know. I know employers don't always take the time to let all interviewees know they've been negged. That's understandable. But for those of us who were in-house, why not at least an e-mail saying, "Thanks for your interest, but we've chosen another candidate to fill the position"? Short, sweet, gets the message across, and probably takes all of about thirty seconds to do. But we didn't even get that. So apparently the only official word we should expect is when the announcement goes out that so-and-so will now be a part of the team, please welcome them, etc. That reeks.

1 comment:

Holly said...

How damn sucky is that....they could have given you guys some word about the job decision. Cripes...what is wrong with employeers lately???