Friday, October 28, 2005

Tequila and a straw, please

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Why is it that when I try to do something to help a teammate, it bites me in the butt? I offered to review some accounts for one of my co-workers - the reviews are due like yesterday and she's in the middle of this big phone call push that I'm not having to do (because I'm doing everything else for my book of accounts and John's book of accounts). Well, one of them requires other information that is in the file, but hasn't been updated. So I have to update this information - for the account and for the six beneficiaries - to get the review approved. And I let something slip through the cracks and got called on it yesterday. Unfortunately this particular thing involved someone much higher up the food chain than me, so my slip-up was brought to the attention of my manager, his manager, and her manager. Yeah, when I screw up, I do it big. It's been resolved now, I think, but I'm just mortified that it went that far, and it likely won't do my annual review any good.

Is it next weekend yet? Hell, is it 5:00 yet?! I just feel like I've been beaten with sticks.

At least I'm getting free lunch today - my co-worker whose account reviews I've taken off her desk is buying me lunch. :)

And I have a date next weekend! Woo! I've been e-mailing back and forth with a guy named Brian - he went to Baylor, graduated a couple of years after I did (we didn't know each other there, we've alread figured that out - but wouldn't that have been funny? LOL). He's as big a nut about Baylor football as I am, and he has tickets to next weekend's Baylor/UT game, so I'm driving down to Waco and we'll go to the game. Should be fun! I'm looking forward to it - I haven't been to a Baylor game since before J was born.

I'd better get back to work - this crap won't do itself. If it wasn't my weekend with J and the open house at Little Gym, I'd come in on Saturday for a while, just to have some extra time to get things done. Yeah, the glamorous life of a single woman, that's what I lead!

No comments: