Thursday, October 06, 2005

Is the room spinning, or is it just me?

I've got so much to do, the day is flashing by in a blur. J and I are going to Louisiana on Saturday, and I'm not sure how to accomplish everything that needs to be done and get some sleep, too. AACK.

Yesterday was a good, productive day at work where I felt like I got a good bit done. Not like I got caught up - I'll never feel like that, the workload is just too much to ever leave thinking, "hey, there's nothing lurking on my desk for tomorrow, I wonder what will come in". But I felt like it had been a good day. Today is one of those days where I've spent most of my time putting out fires and dealing with unexpected things that have come up, and there's been no time to settle into a routine and work on things I would have liked to have done. These are the kinds of days I don't like, these and days where I spend most of my time in meetings.

On tonight's agenda: The make-up class at Little Gym; a quick trip to Target for the things I need to make margarita pies; making the margarita pies; dinner and bath and bed for J (hopefully he'll be worn out after Little Gym and bedtime will be easy!); at least one load of laundry; trying to start packing for the trip home. I'm tired already and I'm not even home yet.

We did have a little fun at work yesterday and today. This weekend is Texas-OU Weekend here in Dallas - for those of you not familiar with it, this is a longstanding rivalry between the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma, played on neutral ground at the Cotton Bowl. One of our team members is a huge OU fan - his whole family went there, they're all coming into town for the game this weekend, the whole nine yards. After he left yesterday, we thoughtfully decorated his cubicle in UT style:





It's great to be able to have a little fun at a co-worker's expense, especially when he takes it in the spirit in which it was intended.

Looks like family will be heading back to Louisiana on Saturday. So K will be able to go back to his apartment and I'll readjust to being the only adult in my house. I think we're both ready to get back to our routine. I just hope J doesn't take it really hard - harder than he did after the original move - when K goes back to the "bitty house". Oh well, we'll deal with whatever comes. And it's not like K is going to vanish from J's life completely - he just won't be sleeping at the big house.

I'd better get a couple of things wound up before I get out of here - more later.

No comments: