Saturday, October 01, 2005

Volleyball and football and a snoring boy

Well, I went to the big company picnic yesterday. I played volleyball for two hours - probably not the best idea when I haven't played in five years or so. I hurt today in places I'd forgotten I had muscles. It was lots of fun, though. I've realized that I'm a better player when I'm not playing with people who think they're just it - one of my co-workers assumed, because I missed a couple of shots, that I couldn't play and kept jumping in front of me to hit. I had more fun when a few people wandered off and we had smaller teams. I can still serve, though - left-handed, which really throws people off.

I went for my first massage today (using the gift certificate K had that he wasn't going to use and oh, so thoughtfully gave to me :) ). The massage was lovely. I seriously felt stoned afterward, I was so relaxed. LOL I'm sore now, I reckon it's just my stress working its way out. I took a hot bath tonight - nice, but I couldn't really soak up to my neck. Wish I had a hot tub. Oh well. The spa was really nice, too - worth the drive up to North Dallas. I think I'll go back when I get a better-paying job and can afford to do that.

J was so tired today - he was awake until 10:45 last night, and up by about 7:00 this morning. He was fairly grumpy a big part of the afternoon, and when he got into bed, we read one book, he told me to go away so he could have a poo, he asked for milk, and by the time I got back with milk, he'd fallen asleep - with the light on, a poo in his pants, and a book in his hand. LOL He must have been some kind of tired. I turned out the light and got the poo changed without waking him up, and he was snoring about five seconds after he lay back down. I hope he sleeps until 8:00 tomorrow morning - I think we both need the rest!

My Baylor Bears couldn't make it 4-0 - they lost to Texas A&M today, in overtime, final score 16-13. But to me, it's still progress. We may have lost to the Aggies, but by God, we didn't lay down and die. We made them work for it, and were actually leading with less than four minutes left in the game. And the defense did a good job of keeping their quarterback under wraps. I'm sure a lot of people expected it to be a much bigger win for the Ags. And this was at Kyle Field, too - home of the most godawful obnoxious football fans on the planet. So we may have lost, but it's still a big improvement over Baylor teams the last few years. Hey, we beat A&M last year - maybe this year we'll just knock off UT (the University of Texas) and Oklahoma. LOL (Stop laughing - a girl can dream, right?)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Aren't massages the best? I always make sure I have nothing else to do after one because I'd be of little use I think!

I saw your mention of Baylor and everytime we used to rib our old minister about his alumni football team's short comings...he always would reply those of us who went to Bay-La didn't go there for the football sweetie!...it was all about the education " It always cracked me up!

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

I still have the gift certificate J gave me for Mother's Day - I'll schedule that one for a day J is with his dad, so I can go have my massage and come home and sleep!

It's true, if I'd wanted to go to a school with a powerhouse team, I'd have gone somewhere like (God forbid) A&M or Notre Dame. But I have a history of rooting for the underdog - I'm from Louisiana and I'm a Saints fan, 'nuff said. LOL