Monday, October 03, 2005

Just say no to negativity

I know I whine an awful lot here. I just finished reading a book by Sylvia Browne called Visits from the Afterlife, and in one part of the book she said something about unsuccessful lives being filled with negativity, and successful lives being able to deal with negativity and move on, or something to that effect. So perhaps me dwelling on some of my problems contributes to them. Perhaps not, but it can't hurt anything for me to try to be a bit more positive, and if it helps, well, then, so much the better.

Still no word on the new position. All I can figure is, maybe more people decided to apply at the last minute, and they're still interviewing. Either that, or they're trying to decide how much of a raise I should get with the new position. LOL I reckon we'll hear when we hear. In the meantime, I'll keep looking elsewhere, because I know I won't be happy long-term at this job. And it's hard to stay positive when your work, the place where you spend the better part of your waking hours, makes you feel so down about yourself and your abilities.

I really should go to bed. I find it harder and harder to drag myself out of bed in the mornings. Part of the reason for that is that I'm not enthused about going to work, but part of it is because I don't get near enough sleep. So I'll write more later - right now, it's time to go take a good hard look at the back of my eyelids.

4 comments:

The Anti-Wife said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Anti-Wife said...

(Take two...this time without so many typos!)

You know something, "negativity" and blogs seem to go hand-in-hand. I often question whether I should just not blog about my issues. But on the other hand, my blog is my place to vent about my problems...about my fears and my gripes. If I didn't have my blog, I think I would be worse off emotionally than I am now. Negativity is how you look at life in general...not what you write about. Your blog is yours to do with what you please. If you need to bitch, by all means bitch. I don't know you personally, but you do NOT come across as a negative person.

Hugs to you girl.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Thanks, Kellie! Sometimes I just feel like a big ol' whiny butt. And I'm more likely to vent and bitch here, and try to make that focus on having a better attitude part of my daily routine. But I'm glad to know I don't come across as exceedingly negative.

Holly said...

nope, your not a whiner anymore than the rest of us. The sentence you mentioned in the book about negativity and unfufillment may really make sense for some parts of my professional life.

As for venting...hell after all you have been through Lisa...I'd vent my ass off!