Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Dreams

I've had a couple of pretty vivid dreams lately. I seldom remember dreams these days, so I thought I'd write these down for what they're worth. Both were very odd dreams, and I'm just writing what I remember of them.

In the first, I was at some kind of meeting. I was walking out to my car in the parking lot when I was approached by two young women, probably college-age, asking me some survey-type questions. I was politely paying about half attention, and one of them asked me if I wanted to take the online survey. I said, oh, sure, thinking they'd give me a website to go to on my own time. But no, they said, they had a computer set up there. OK, fine. It was set up in a Jeep (one of the bigger ones, like a Cherokee), on the passenger side. I sat down and the computer was set up in such a way that there was a wire frame holding it and resting on my legs. While I was sitting there, one of these young women went around to the driver's side, and before I knew it, she'd put the car in gear, jammed the gas pedal down, and the car took off with just me in it. I was freaked out, to say the least. Somehow I managed to get the keys out of the ignition and the car stopped with no harm done. I then found my purse and realized that all of my cards - debit, driver's license, insurance, everything - had been replaced with carefully crafted lookalikes and my real cards were all gone.

In the second, K and I lived in the house where I am now, but it was like it had been picked up and moved back to my hometown in Louisiana. I say that because my aunt and uncle, who live in that town, were there in my dream. In the dream, there was a gas leak suspected in the neighborhood, and everyone was being evacuated without the chance to take much with them. For some reason it had to be done very quickly and quietly. I was running around trying to collect as many of my photo albums and pictures and videos of J as I could, because I was afraid I'd never get the chance to come back to the house.

It's strange what the subconscious comes up with sometimes.

No comments: