Thursday, February 10, 2005

So tired

What's up with the human alarm clock?! Yesterday J was up at 5:00. He was finally convinced to go back to bed, but still, he was up. This morning I heard him talking starting sometime after 4:00. "There's a fan up there." (Last night he thought the ceiling fan was a ghost. I told him it was just the fan, and he said, "No like the fan." I told him, well, that was too bad, because it was attached to the ceiling and not going anywhere! LOL) "Mama, dropped Percy (one of his Thomas the Tank Engine trains) - Mama, Percy behind bed." (Well, Percy can stay there until daybreak, because I'm not getting up to find him right now.) He'd talk for a bit, then settle down. I'd doze off when he stopped talking and then wake up when I heard him again. Finally, around 5:15 I heard him saying, "Mama, get down - Mama, get down," and I knew if I didn't go see to him, he'd be out of bed before long. So I went and told him it was still dark, it was still time to sleep. He was persuaded to lay back down, but I heard him over the monitor while I was in the bathroom, so I have no idea if he actually went back to sleep. For all I know, he could have been awake non-stop since 4-something this morning.

And I'm tired. I'm not sure if it's the crud I'm fighting off, the allergy/sinus medicine I took (I thought it was the non-drowsy kind, but I'm sure feeling sleepy), the fact that it's getting close to "that" time of the month (which always makes me bone-crushingly tired for a few days), or a combination of all of the above. But I feel like I could just crawl on the floor under my desk and sleep! I've nearly fallen asleep here at my desk a couple of times today - I'd rest my head on my hand, just for a second, and find myself jerking awake a few seconds later. Not good. Whatever's making me tired, I hope it lays off soon.

At least it's almost time to go home. And since I planned ahead yesterday, I've got dinner done - chili, all I have to do is reheat and serve. :)

2 comments:

John Howard said...

My son loves the fan. He always has, when he was very little, he would stare at it, and if we turned it off, he would get upset.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

That's funny. Mine apparently took a dislike to it for a bit, but the other night he informed me, "Mommy, not scared anymore." I said, well, that's good! He's just too cute (and he knows it).

L.