Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Ow, make it stop.

I think this crud I've been battling for a week has turned into a sinus infection. Either that or I've got a hell of a rotten tooth. All I know is, the right side of my face, right under my eye, hurts like I've been punched and won't stop hurting. And when I blow my nose, the stuff that comes out is day-glo antifreeze green. (The beauty of being a parent - the gross-out factor diminishes considerably after you've been peed on, pooped on and barfed on, and no topic is too disgusting to discuss! LOL) It hurts, it hurts, and nothing stops it. I can't get in to see my doctor until 4:15 Thursday afternoon. That's almost 43 hours away. I hope I can stand it that long. I was prepared to suck it up and let whatever I have run its course, but when there's pain involved, I'm much more inclined to go to the doctor.

I'm watching Judging Amy - don't usually see it, but it just happened to be what the TV was turned to. One story line involved a juvenile who shot his terminally ill grandfather. Turns out his mother (her father is the one who was sick) is the one who gave the boy the key to the gun cabinet and convinced him that his grandfather would be better off dead, that it was for the best. How's that for a royally screwed-up family? Makes mine look positively normal.

I'm going to finish my Wild Turkey and Coke and try to sleep. I hope I can sleep.

No comments: